I am a graduate of Iona College, where I received my undergraduate degree in Psychology and my graduate degree in Mental Health Counseling. Since graduating I have become a Licensed Mental Health Counselor.
After graduating, I worked in both a Mental Health Clinic and an Addiction Recovery Services program; I currently continue to work in the Mental Health Clinic where I treat clients of varying diagnosis and varying level of functioning, these diagnoses include but are not limited to major depression, generalized anxiety, social anxiety, agoraphobia, and mood disorders.
I believe that you must tailor a treatment approach to fit the needs of the individual client. I will work with you as a therapist and trained counselor to determine which treatment approach and solution focused intervention will work best for you in order to be able to accomplish your goals.
- Jacobson, C. M. & Luik, C. C. (2014). Epidemiology and Sociocultural Aspects of Non-suicidal self-injury and eating disorders. In. L. Claes and J. Muehlenkamp (Eds.), pp. 19-34. Non-suicidal Self-injury in Eating Disorders. New York: Springer.
Training’s and additional certifications:
- Mindfulness based practices for treatment of anxiety and depression
- Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy Workshop
- NARCAN Certified
- Suicide Prevention and Training
- Eating Disorders Treatment
- Animal Assisted Therapy